International School on Crystallisation
ISC Granada is organized every two years during the last week of May in Granada (Spain). The Schools deal with the fundamental principles of crystallisation (solution properties, nucleation, crystal growth kinetics and mechanisms, morphology, crystallisation techniques, screening), but applied to pharmaceutical active compounds, foods, agrochemicals, minerals and new materials, including polymorphism, co-crystals and industrial crystallisation.
The Schools are intended for postgraduate and postdoctoral students as well as research scientists from industry and academia who seek fundamental knowledge of the crystallisation phenomenon and the behaviour of crystallising solutions. Attendance is limited to 130 participants.
- A selection of some of the best international experts in various crystallisation fields.
- Review of fundamental concepts and applications of crystallisation.
- Practical case study presentations.
- “Demonstration Fair”: practical hands-on demonstrations of the main crystallisation techniques.
- Poster sessions by young researchers.
- Exhibitor’s area.
- Social programme: night visit to the Alhambra and Flamenco dinner.
The School is sponsored by the International Union of Crystallography (IUCr), The Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness of Spain, the International University Menendez Pelayo, the University of Granada, and the Specialized Group of Crystallography and Crystal Growth (GE3C) of the Spanish Royal Society of Chemistry, and are supported by the Working Party on Crystallization (WPC) of the European Federation of Chemical Engineers and the International Organization of Crystal Growth.